After a couple of years spent thinking about "Well, I should write out stuff somewhere, for my future self", I've finally crossed the line.
What can you expect on this "Weblog"?
- Random thoughts on technology
- Articles around Python, Gentoo, Django, SysAdmin stuff, …
- Every once in a while, considerations on other topics.
I have chosen Pelican to manage this blog.
This choice was driven by the following advantages:
- Uses RST, one less markup language to learn
- Based on Python, my programming language of choice
- Static content generation — nothing dynamic, no database, no vulnerabilities.
- Clear layout, no magic filename handling.
Once I have managed to get this blog up and running, here are a few issues I've found:
- The documentation is somewhat lacking in some areas (mostly theming)
- The pelican-themes package contains unmaintained, poor-quality themes
- The build process could use some Makefile-ication.